JetBlue is offering a status challenge through April 18.
- If you have eligible elite status with another airline now, they’ll give you status through the end of 2014 — and if you complete a challenge you’ll keep it for 2015.
- If you aren’t already an elite frequent flyer with a competitor, you can just do the challenge — complete it and you’ll receive status through the end of 2015.
The ‘challenge’ criteria to earn status for all of 2015 is 3750 base flight points ($1250 spend in airfare excluding taxes) in 90 days.
Status levels where they will offer an upgrade to the JetBlue Mosaic level:
- Alaska Airlines®: Mileage PlanTM MVP® Gold or MVP® Gold 75k
- American Airlines®: AAdvantage Platinum® or Executive Platinum®
- Delta®: SkyMiles Medallion® Gold, Platinum or Diamond
- Southwest®: Rapid Rewards® A-List Preferred or Companion Pass
- United®: MileagePlus® Premier® Gold, Platinum or Premier1K®
- US Airways®: Dividend Miles Preferred Gold, Platinum or Chairman
They’ll even comp Southwest Companion Pass members, who may have earned that status primarily through credit card signup bonuses.
It’s not at all uncommon for airlines to offer status matches, although it’s somewhat uncommon for fast tracks to elite status to be available to members who do not already have status with a competitor airline.
If you think you even might have a JetBlue flight in 2014, it could be worth sending in existing elite credentials.
And if you have even a modest amount of JetBlue flying coming up, but aren’t currently elite, you can earn status quickly under this offer.