News and Notes from Around the Interweb:
- (Update: Targeted offer.) American’s new Airbus A321 debuted on the New York – San Francisco route yesterday, and through May 31 they’re offering bonus miles on nearly all fares to promote it. Registration is required, most coach fares qualify (all but O and Q class) for 2500 bonus miles each way, full fare economy is 5000 miles each way, and first and business class earn 7500 miles each way.
- JetBlue is offering new members 5000 points for joining and flying by April 30.
- It’s the first Friday of the month, so the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card earns triple points at restaurants today instead of the usual double points. Go out to dinner tonight if you have that card, or stock up on gift cards at your favorite restaurants to eat later. Next month’s first Friday is April 4.
- Double credit – $20 instead of $10 for your first ride – for being referred by an existing member to Uber was supposed to end at the end of January but readers have reported that it’s still alive. What’s your experience? And feel free to leave your referral links in the comments if you have evidence it is still earning those who use it $20.
(Note that cards in this post offer credit to me if you’re approved using my links. The opinions, analyses, and evaluations here are mine. The content is not provided or commissioned by American Express, by Chase, by Citibank, US Bank, Bank of America, Barclays or any other company. They have not reviewed, approved or endorsed what I have to say.)
- You can join the 30,000+ people who see these deals and analysis every day — sign up to receive posts by email (just one e-mail per day) or subscribe to the RSS feed. It’s free. You can also follow me on Twitter for the latest deals. Don’t miss out!