News and notes from around the interweb:
- United’s “My Fingers Were Crossed” Defense Succeeds in Court: The lawsuit by United’s million milers over program changes has been dismissed. There was not really a dispute that United devalued the benefits offered to its million mile customers, even almost immediately after they promised not to do so. But United hadn’t promised not to break its promises, so its customers can’t sustain their suit.
- Here’s a Preview of Monday’s Fire Sale: IHG Rewards has posted a preview of the hotels they’ll be offering for just 5000 points a night (for stays through March 31) starting on Monday. The most desirable properties usually see strong demand and fall off the list quickly.
- That’s the Truth, Truth! The CEO of Choice Hotels really hated being on undercover boss. And running a disco was better than running a midscale hotel chain, too!
- LAX hates its passengers: They’re issuing fines like crazy to the drivers that passengers summon to pick them up
- You can join the 30,000+ people who see these deals and analysis every day — sign up to receive posts by email (just one e-mail per day) or subscribe to the RSS feed. It’s free. You can also follow me on Twitter for the latest deals. Don’t miss out!