News and notes from around the interweb:
- Someone has made fake London Underground signs and whoever did it is a ruddy genius
- IHG Rewards hotel properties (Intercontinental, Crowne Plaza, Holiday Inn, etc) is introducing free internet for all members including when not even staying at the hotel. Only the new benefit doesn’t apply in Europe, though it had previously been promised that it would be offered worldwide. Turns out that free internet will become a European benefit in July.
- Will be bringing out their new slate of discounted ‘PointBreaks’ award nights — 5000 points a night at select hotels — on Monday, January 27. They’ll be bookable for stays through March 31.
Participating hotels aren’t online yet, but they’re promoting Hotel Indigo in Athens, Georgia; Holiday Inn Johannesburg, South Africa – Sandton-Rivonia Road; Holiday Inn Sao Luis, Brazil; Holiday Inn Express Shanghai, China – Shanghai Jinsha; Holiday Inn Berlin, Germany – Berlin City East-Landsberger; and InterContinental Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
- Trade in 5 random broken pieces of electronics for $25 to spend at Amazon.
- You can join the 30,000+ people who see these deals and analysis every day — sign up to receive posts by email (just one e-mail per day) or subscribe to the RSS feed. It’s free. You can also follow me on Twitter for the latest deals. Don’t miss out!