THEmiketown tweets that American Express is offering up to 100,000 Delta Skymiles to Seattle-area residents who sign up for their co-branded credit card by December 31.
- 50,000 miles after $1000 spend within 3 months
- 25,000 miles after spending $2000 with Delta within 6 months
- 25,000 miles after spending an additional $2000 with Delta within 6 months
- $0 annual fee the first year.
To get the full 100,000 miles you need to spend $4000 with Delta within 6 months. Clearly they’re trying to throw miles at Seattle-based (read: Alaska Airlines customers) flyers, convincing them to switch carriers as Delta ramps up its Seattle presence. The once peaceful partnership continues to get frequent flyer-nasty.
50,000 miles is a decent offer for the Delta American Express on its own. But it’s only truly exciting for people who either already fly Delta or who will choose to fly Delta over the next 6 months. They may be SkyPesos, but a lot of them are still valuable!
To find out if your account is eligible go to DeltaSeattleBonus.com.
- You can join the 30,000+ people who see these deals and analysis every day — sign up to receive posts by email (just one e-mail per day) or subscribe to the RSS feed. It’s free. You can also follow me on Twitter for the latest deals. Don’t miss out!