American Express Membership Rewards has a new partnership with Emirates and indeed through this Friday they are offering a 25% bonus when you convert Membership Rewards points to Emirates Skywards miles.
To highlight this offer, American Express asked if I would give one lucky reader 25,000 Emirates miles. Sounds good to me!
To be clear, I do not receive anything for running this contest and giving away the miles. But American Express is providing the points.
I covered the transfer bonus when it was first announced, along with the launch of the relationship between American Express and Emirates. See this post for more details on the ins and outs of booking awards through Emirates Skywards.
The transfer bonus makes a business class roundtrip New York JFK – Dubai, normally 145,000 points, just 116,000 Membership Rewards points. And it makes a business class roundtrip New York JFK – Milan, normally 90,000 points, just 72,000 Membership Rewards points. Which — even with fuel surcharges — seems quite reasonable.
Here’s how to win
- Leave a comment on this post, answering the question “Where would you go if you had a head start with 25K Emirates Skywards Miles?”
- Enter no more than one time per day (loosely defined, either as 24 hour or calendar day).
- Contest closes 8pm Eastern time on Thursday, so that I can announce the winner on Friday — the same day that the transfer bonus ends.
- All decisions, actions, and interpretations are mine, not subject to appeal, and you agree by entering that I have no liability for the manner in which the contest is run. In other words, don’t give me a hard time when I’m trying to give away miles, thank you!
So.. check out the transfer bonus, and let me know in the comments Where would you go if you had a head start with 25K Emirates Skywards Miles?
- You can join the 30,000+ people who see these deals and analysis every day — sign up to receive posts by email (just one e-mail per day) or subscribe to the RSS feed. It’s free. You can also follow me on Twitter for the latest deals. Don’t miss out!