The Barclaycard Arrival PlusTM World Elite MasterCard® is one of the very most powerful travel rebate cards. It effectively earns a 2.2% rebate on your spending to redeem for travel.
- 40,000 points after $3000 in spend within 90 days, and these points are worth a penny apiece towards.
- Earns 2 points per dollar on all spend
- 10% rebate on points redeemed for travel
- Together you effectively earn $440 (well, really $444.44444444 if you always redeem your points for travel).
- There’s a $0 annual fee the first year.
After the first year, where the rate of return on all spend is pretty unrivaled by a rebate card, you need to spend $44,500 on the card in a year for the extra 0.2% to cover the $89 fee compared to getting a straight 2% cards like Fidelity Investment Rewards.
That may be one reason Barclaycard has also included several value-added features:
- Free access to your FICO credit score
- No foreign transaction fees
- Complimentary TripIt PRO (normally $49)
- 500 miles for completing a profile
- 200 miles each time you “tell[..] a travel story including 1 image”
- 10 miles every time your story is kudoed
You don’t have to be a cardholder to participate in the community and earn points. Non-cardholders are sent a $5 Amazon e-certificate every time they earn 2,500 miles.
Cardholders get better value out of their points, since those points get transferred to their card account (2500 miles would be worth five times as much towards a travel redemption).
(Note that cards in this post offer credit to me if you’re approved using my links. The opinions, analyses, and evaluations here are mine. The content is not provided or commissioned by American Express, by Chase, by Citibank, US Bank, Bank of America, Barclays or any other company. They have not reviewed, approved or endorsed what I have to say.)
- You can join the 30,000+ people who see these deals and analysis every day — sign up to receive posts by email (just one e-mail per day) or subscribe to the RSS feed. It’s free. You can also follow me on Twitter for the latest deals. Don’t miss out!