News and notes from around the interweb:
- The Managing Editor of Executive Travel tries out “hang up, call back” and — to her surprise — it works!
- My Globetrotters on Twitter interview.
- Get a 10% off American Airlines discount code
- A country’s decision to require a visa reduces tourism by 70%.
- Southwest fined $200,000 for not making enough DING! fare sale seats available on February 14 (even though those seats didn’t sell out, meaning consumers who saw the sale and wanted the seats could get them) and for failing to make advertised fares to Branson, Missouri available on January 30 (Southwest attributes to a one-time technical glitch). Thank goodness the Department of Transportation is looking out for consumers.
- Passenger flying Delta from Seattle to New York JFK abandons four bags instead of checking them to avoid $1400 in checked baggage fees.
- TSA Misconduct Up 26% in Three Years. You can already hear the refrain, “A few bad apples who in no way reflect…”
- Aer Lingus Boston – Dublin has great award availability next summer in business class. And costs only 25,000 points each way with very modest fuel surcharges through the British Airways program.
- You can join the 30,000+ people who see these deals and analysis every day — sign up to receive posts by email (just one e-mail per day) or subscribe to the RSS feed. It’s free. Don’t miss out!