News and notes from around the interweb:
- How I Lost $1,350 by Falling for the Same Internet Scam Twice in One Week — a cautionary tale about working with mileage brokers. (HT: Jeremy)
- Starwood’s new Luxury Privileges (similar to Virtuoso and American Express Fine Hotels & Resorts) is valuable at some W hotel properties.
- How to Spot Pickpockets in Paris — as it happens it was my last Paris trip that prompted me to write Common Tourist Scams and How to Avoid Them.
- Cathay Pacific launches 4 times weekly service between Hong Kong and the Maldives and finding two business class awards on the days the flight operates is quite doable. From the US to the Maldives via Hong Kong, though, prices as two awards using American Airlines miles.
- You can join the 30,000+ people who see these deals and analysis every day — sign up to receive posts by email (just one e-mail per day) or subscribe to the RSS feed. It’s free. Don’t miss out!