News and notes from around the interweb:
- Earlier in the week I wrote about a blogger declining a pilot’s offer to join the mile high club. Now one accidentally joins?
- Free $45 on-demand car service credit. That’s more than a free ride for most trips, and may be as much as three free rides depending on distance. Turns out the promotion does indeed run through July 7 (at least as long as the $25 Amazon Local component doesn’t get pulled first).
- On the subject of car service discounts, Online Travel Review says Groundlink will give you 15% off with promo code BLOG15.
- Garuda Indonesia is slated to join Skyteam and now will be adding a first class product with ‘chef on board’ service. Should be an interesting option for redeeming Chase points transferred to Korean Air.
- Terry Maxon reviews the arguments over whether the government should extract a pound of flesh — in the form of slots at Washington’s National airport — as part of not blocking the merger between US Airways and American.
- You can join the 30,000+ people who see these deals and analysis every day — sign up to receive posts by email (just one e-mail per day) or subscribe to the RSS feed. It’s free. Don’t miss out!