Earlier in the month Hyatt Gold Passport announced a great new partnership with MGM’s M Life program. Gold Passport members can earn and redeem points at the 12 Las Vegas M Life properties. And starting in August there’s reciprocal status as well. Which is great, because I’m not an especially high roller so the M Life status will help me feel a bit more like Sinatra around that city or at least around MGM’s properties (“Don’t you know who I am?!” :).
The major hotel chains are hugely underrepresented on the Vegas strip (though Marriott has Cosmopolitan and IHG has the Venetian). This hotel program “codesharing” fills a real gap — it instantly gives Hyatt the biggest major chain loyalty program presence in the city with the most hotel rooms of any other. And it could form the blueprint for future strategic deals which give members access and recognition in markets that they didn’t have before.
The fountains in front of the Bellagio
I’m pretty excited about it, since for me Vegas is an underexplored destination. Sure, I’ve tipped at checkin at Bellagio for an upgrade ($100 for a 5 bathroom suite). And I’ve visited on business and eaten off the strip. But this will likely get me to visit a bit more, and I’ll probably check out Vdara.
Hyatt is apparently pretty excited about it, too, since they offered me some things to give away to a lucky reader of the blog to celebrate their new partnership and benefits.
- 22,000 Hyatt Gold Passport points (enough for a night at any Hyatt redemption property in the world, any MGM M Life participating resort in Las Vegas, or multiple nights if redeeming for lower redemption tier properties).
- Two tickets to a show at a MGM Resorts location in Las Vegas – your choice of – “O” at Bellagio, Zarkana at ARIA, KÀ at MGM Grand, The Beatles LOVE at The Mirage, Jabbawockeez “PRiSM” at Luxor, Blue Man Group at Monte Carlo, Zumanity at New York-New York, or Tournament of Kings at Excalibur
- One of the following MGM Resorts experiences (Bellagio Gallery of Fine Art, Shark Reef Aquarium at Mandalay Bay, Siegfried & Roy’s Secret Garden and Dolphin Habitat at The Mirage, or The Roller Coaster at New York-New York).
Sound interesting? Would you like to win? Here’s how.
The 12 MGM hotels that Hyatt Gold Passport members now have access to are:
- Category 2: Excalibur
- Category 3: Luxor
- Category 4: Monte Carlo, New York New York
- Category 5: MGM Grand, Signature at MGM Grand, Vdara, Mirage
- Category 6: Aria, Bellagio, Mandalay Bay, THEhotel at Mandalay Bay
All you need to do is:
- In the comments, answer the question, answer the question “Where would you most want to redeem points in Vegas, and will anything ‘stay in Vegas’ on that trip?”
And then there’s always ‘fine print’:
- You may enter up to once per day — and I give you a bit of slack in this, I won’t disqualify any entry as long as you don’t make more than one entry per calendar day or as long as no entry is closer than 24 hours together from another one. And if you’re close, we’re cool. I’m not looking to disqualify people, just to make sure there’s no massive ballot stuffing.
- All entries (comments) must be received no later than Friday, June 28 at 5pm Eastern time.
- Must be 21 to enter and a Hyatt Gold Passport member to win (if you aren’t a member already you should be — but you can join if you win).
- I will draw a winner at random in the days following the close of the contest from those that meet these guidelines. Make sure you provide a valid e-mail address when entering to be eligible to win (you do not need to leave an email address in the comments, but along with your name where it asks for your email that email must be ‘real’ or I will have no way of contacting you).
- I’m the final arbiter in all matters related to this contest and in all matters of interpretation. There is no appeal. I’m doing this because there’s an opportunity to give out some cool prizes and not taking anything in return, so please don’t give me a hard time in the process.
Any questions? Contact me. And hopefully the winner will also follow up with me to let me know their impressions of the experience.
Hit the comments of this post to enter!
- You can join the 30,000+ people who see these deals and analysis every day — sign up to
- (just one e-mail per day) or subscribe to
- . It’s
Don’t miss out!