News and notes from around the interweb:
- Hertz still hasn’t solved the Jerry Seinfeld problem: When taking the reservation doesn’t actually hold the reservation.
- US Airways is rolling out online pre-order o paid meals in coach. You’ll no longer need to game their IT system to be able to have this.
- You can comment on my blog for a chance to win a Samsung Chromebook.
- Taipei-based EVA Airways has joined the Star Alliance and is a truly awesome ‘get’ — business class award availability is really, really good and thy fly to Toronto, Vancouver, New York JFK, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Seattle. Another great way to get between North America and Asia and with a really stellar inflight product. I’ve found the Aeroplan website good for searching space, along with the ANA website. I was unsuccessful pulling up available space at United.com yesterday.
- The Canadian government has ruled that Swiss must honor some tickets that they had cancelled from the Myanmar mistake fare.
- BoardingArea.com — which hosts this blog — will be down for scheduled maintenance on Friday, returning on Saturday (hopefully early).