News and notes from around the interweb:
- Earlier this month Delta announced that flights on Korean Air would no longer count for elite qualifying mile, despite Korean being a member of the Skyteam alliance. They said at the time that each airline chooses their own level of participation with Skyteam. Cranky Flier says that isn’t what happened at all, that it wasn’t Korean’s choice but rather a unilateral decision by Delta possibly to try to force Korean to join a joint business venture.
Bad, Delta, bad but the sort of untruthfulness we’ve come to expect from an airline that claims it isn’t legally allowed to tell its members in advance when it will be increasing award prices.
- Through June 27 American Express Membership Rewards is offering a 20% bonus on transfers to Hawaiian Airlines. Decent offer if you want to use your miles for travel to Hawaii from a Hawaiian Airlines city. Their partner award offerings tend not to be as good, and frustrating to redeem.
- Stuff your Freedom Baggie full of alcohol mini-bottles. Especially useful for Intercontinental Royal Ambassador members.
- You can earn 1500 United bonus miles when you spend $40 within 30 days of joining Rewards Network’s MileagePlus dining.
- You can join the 30,000+ people who see these deals and analysis every day — sign up to receive posts by email (just one e-mail per day) or subscribe to the RSS feed. It’s free. Don’t miss out!