News and Notes from Around the Interweb:
- I Have Enough Carry on Bags Already, and Yet…: Here’s Pizza in Motion giving away a new Briggs & Riley Torq Spinner carry on. And $50 at Amazon, too.
- When I Get Drunk I Hum Neil Diamond: A woman singing Whitney Houston songs onboard an American flight forced a diversion to Kansas City.
- In Case You Want to Belt Out Whitney Houston Songs, Too: Austin-based Tito’s will become the exclusive vodka of United Airlines. (HT: sobore on Milepoint)
- Most Mothers Want More Than This: 1000 bonus HHonors points for a Doubletree booking made by tomorrow and consumed by the end of May. Must click ‘like’ on Facebook before they’ll let you register.
- Thousands of Men and Women Keeping Us Safe Day in and Day Out. Even better than ‘Man Bits Dog’ – sadly – is TSA Dog Bites Woman.
- Rachel Ray Could Cook 3 Dinners in the Time it Took..: TSA delays of up to 90 minutes at Atlanta airport on Thursday. The TSA won’t give a reason, but excuses themselves by saying that most travelers ‘only’ waited for 45 minutes. I’m surprised they haven’t blamed the sequester — when air traffic controllers were put back to work, I assumed the next PR battle would be TSA. Perhaps ‘playing games with security’ isn’t as good political spin.