News and notes from around the interweb:
- $300 of a Westin Heavenly Bed. Comparing like-to-like the W Hotels bed is a bit cheaper, discounts are larger and much more frequent. And shipping on the Westin bed isn’t free. But some prefer it..
- Loyalty Lobby summarizes free signup offers for Regus Gold membership which gets you free access to cubicles at their office locations worldwide.
- Australian merchants widely add fees to credit card charges, and consumers there pay more for their cards, receive less in return, and haven’t seen lower cash prices as a result.
Now new rules allow credit card companies to limit the fees charged by Australian merchants, and Visa plans to cap the fees at 1%. Fascinating that Australia is learning from experience, while the U.S. has been willfully blind to their example.
- Starwood lets you design your own member card. Since I never actually use my card (and I’m just Gold so I don’t even use it as part of a throw down) I opted to just download it to the SPG app for my Android phone.
- Amtrak is offering double points on all routes through May 18, registration required. (HT: Wandering Aramean)