News and Notes from Around the Interweb:
- Via Online Travel Review, LOT Polish has gotten rid of its 10th CEO in 12 years. So remind me why we had to put up with Glenn Tilton for so long?
- Pizza in Motion says Hyatt finally has a property at LAX airport — the Hyatt Place Los Angeles/LAX/El Segundo. I’ve become a fan of the new build limited-service Hyatt Place properties
- 100 Free JetBlue TrueBlue points.
- United has forced Awardwallet to stop checking account balances. Awardwallet, though, will let you configure your United.com e-statements and reservations to be sent to them directly in order to update your Awardwallet account (with instant forwarding to you). And since it appears that UsingMiles has worked out a relationship to continue displaying United balances, I’m hopeful the same will happen with Awardwallet. Presumably United is ransoming them for cash, though, and a model that’s either free to users or $5 every 6 months doesn’t support a whole lot of cash to Jeff Smisek..
- >Southwest plans to charge a fee for not cancelling tickets prior to flight. The airline that eschewed fees is now projecting 9 figure fee revenue.