News and notes from around the interweb:
- American’s pilots union is making kissy faces at management: “While there are some very difficult issues yet to be resolved, we feel management is clearly listening to our issues and acknowledges that they need to be addressed..Enough progress has been made to justify the continuation of negotiations next week.”
- Through November 30, Hertz is offering 250 elite qualifying miles on Delta for each rental of 3 days or longer. You also earn 250 Skymiles, which isn’t a lot, you’re giving up greater redeemable miles offers elsewhere. But your rentals can help your elite status so if you’re in a position where that matters it’s likely worthwhile. Use CDP #165385 and PC #175512 when making the booking. (HT: MJOnTravel)
- Mile Nerd rounds up various mileage offers for switching utility companies.
- BA.com is offering £100 off British Airways roundtrip business class intra-Europe itineraries (£300 minimum fare) with promo code AMEXCFSCE1 for bookings made before October 17 October and travel by March 31.
- Another one for our UK readers, through October 26 the Telegraph is offering 4500 British Airways Avios for a monthly subscription.