News, Notes, and Offers from Around the Interweb:
- US Airways is offering double elite qualifying miles on Shuttle flights (between Washington National, New York LaGuardia, and Boston Logan) through October 31, registration required.
- Aegean Airlines Miles&Bonus — an especially useful Star Alliance program because of how easy it is to gain and keep status — used to be somewhat difficult on the redemption side. They’ve eased up a bit and now allow changes to the date and time of an award after booking, and also cancelling the award and redepositing miles, for 20 euros. That’s especially important to me now that I’m an Aegean Airlines Gold member (for life?).
- American Express will give you $100 off a $1000 purchase on SAS. Book by November 30, registration required.
- Ryanair’s CEO probably burned up all the press he could get threatening to charge passengers to use the lavatory, so he calls some of his customers stupid. In the process he’s probably giving ideas to Ben Baldanza…
- If you don’t get to hear Obama speak at the Democratic convention, US Airways will let you leave Charlotte today. Of course, since National Journal and The Hill think the speech was moved to a smaller venue because they couldn’t fill the original stadium, rather than due to weather, perhaps US Airways is betting few will take them up on the offer. (HT: @crucker)