Minor news and notes:
- Will Run for Miles shares how Chase gave her 5000 points to cancel a card.
- Point Me to the Plane notes that American has expanded their status match program, they’re now willing to offer Delta Diamond (125,000 mile flyers) top tier Executive Platinum status through February 2013, with an offer to requalify after 45,000 miles flown through the end of the year. American makes their status match decisions on a case-by-case basis, but Delta top tier elites can now consider a switch.
- Commenter Bob Law discovers a $20 Uber signup credit which is better than the $10 standard credit for being referred by an existing Uber on-demand car service member. This link will register you with promo code YELPSF for the $20 first-ride credit.
- Delta Points was the first place I saw that Priority Club put out its new list of ‘PointBreaks’ discounted award nights for just 5000 points. The only Intercontinental properties I see on the list are the Intercontinental Real Metrocentro Managua and the Intercontinental Suites Cleveland. Although the website, as of this writing, says that the offer is good for bookings through July 31 this is the new list which is presumably good for bookings through October 15. (I did August and September test bookings which price out at 5000 points per night.)
- NH Hotels is offering 50% off in Europe through the end of August, prepaid bookings that appear to offer a true 50% off (rather than a lesser discount due to taking 50% off of a higher rate, as such sales usually do).