Around the Frequent Flyer World in 30 Seconds:
- MileValue is offering a seminar in Honolulu at 10am on July 21, how to maximize miles for folks living in Hawaii.
- Via Milepoint, an interesting article on how the federal government is trying to reduce its spending on hotels, and how the hotel industry is lobbying against it.
- Million Mile Secrets discovers that you can earn Delta miles for paying taxes with a Suntrust debit card — and that PayUSATax charges just a flat $3.49 for debit card tax payments. Normally the ‘convenience fees’ aren’t worth the miles earned paying taxes by credit card. So this is a great workaround.
- JonNYC at Traveling Better points out that the American Airlines website says you can redeem miles online for Iberia’s Madrid-London flights. This hasn’t previously been announced, and the functionality doesn’t appear live yet, so presumably this is queued up as the next IT improvement for online partner award booking (having already added Alaska, British Airways, Hawaiian, Qantas, and associated airlines).
- Lucky points out business class fares of $1543 between New York and London over Thanksgiving. It’s available non-stop on Virgin and Delta, and with connections on Lufthansa, Air Canada, and others.