Via Ben you can currently get Town Car airport transfers in New York, Chicago, Las Vegas and San Francisco from $4 – $14.
Basically Groundlink is offering a discount off of their usual pricing through JetSetter, and new JetSetter accounts receive a $25 credit which can be used to pay for the car service.
So while Groundlink usually charges $38 for a Town Car from New York LaGuardia to Manhattan, they’re selling it instead for $29 through JetSetter, and your net cost is just $4.
Other airport options:
- Newark to Manhattan, net $10
- New York JFK to Manhattan, net $10
- Chicago O’Hare to Downtown Chicago, net $14
- Chicago Midway to Downtown Chicago, net $14
- Las Vegas, net $14
- San Francisco to Downtown, net $14
There’s also a $35 mobile voucher (net cost $10) which will give you up to
$70$75 in GroundLink transfers, meaning it’s cheaper to use this option for Chicago, Las Vegas, and San Francisco than even getting vouchers for those cities. But it has to be activated using their mobile app, which means you need a capable phone and to download that app.
Here’s how to get your cheap towncar transfers:
- Sign up for Jetsetter. You get a $25 credit when you do. This is my referral link, when someone signs up with your link and makes their first purchase, you get a $25 credit as well.
As is a perfectly fun practice, I’m also happy if you sign up and want to post your own referral link in the comments, it’s totally cool, someone may use your link instead of mine and I’m happy to see that happen.
- To complete the process you need to click Sign Up at the top right of the page, not just enter an email address, it will ask you to create a password. Then you’ll be logged in and you’ll see the $25 credit in your account.
- Then go to the GroundLink flash sale page.
Believe it or not the prices included tax and even tip, you’re permitted only one voucher purchase per person (though get your friends and family to buy them too…) and the vouchers must be used by July 31, 2012.
Even without the $25 credit the New York and San Francisco pricing is about the same or less than the cost of the cab. With the $25 JetSetter signup credit it’s in many cases cheaper to book a town car than to use public transportation.
Update: Thanks to comenters, worth noting that the voucher covers tax and tip but not tolls where applicable, and also corrected a typo that the mobile voucher is for $75, not $70.
Update 2: The offer now appears sold out.