Voting has begun for the Frequent Traveler Awards, and will be open for the month of March.
The Frequent Traveler Awards fill an important niche.
- Instead of awards bestowed by a group of self-appointed experts, the Frequent Traveler Awards represent the collective judgment of the traveling public.
- Instead of an award for best airline product or nicest resort hotel, the Frequent Traveler Awards represent the best in loyalty programs.
When voting ends on March 31, real travelers will have spoken. Last year nearly one million frequent travelers participated in the voting. And on April 28 at Citi Field in New York we’ll all know which programs are the best. (Last year’s award ceremony was an amazing night.)
There are a handful of changes to this year’s balloting.
- The Frequent Traveler Awards are divided into (3) geographic regions. Last year you had to select one region and could not vote in any other. This year if you wish you may vote in more than one region. This was the single biggest request that came from voters last year.
- We’ve added an award for Best Customer Service.
- And instead of asking you to rank order four programs in each category, this year you can rank no more than three. This is based on voting and preference literature, and feedback from last year’s program.
I’m Chairman of the Nominations Committee for the Frequent Traveler Awards. It’s been a blast speaking with the heads of various mileage programs over the past several months, and getting great feedback and encouragement.
Cast your ballot today for the programs of your choice!