Except it’s not a straightforward double miles offer. Instead, you get a 75% bonus immediately when you purchase miles. Then in order to get the remaining 25% bonus you need to use the Dividend Miles toolbar by March 31.
Now, when you download and install the toolbar and make three searches with it or an online purchase, you get 500 bonus miles (1000 bonus miles for US Airways elite members and co-branded credit card holders, only US-based members of the Dividend Miles program are eligible for the first use bonus).
Making three searches with the toolbar is required to earn the 25% bonus on purchased miles, and the 25% will post 5-10 days after having made the miles purchase and after completing the three searches with the Dividend Miles toolbar.
Accounts that don’t have an address in the 50 U.S. states or Puerto Rico aren’t eligible for this 25% bonus, and changing your address won’t help because your address as of February 1 had to be eligible.
Only the first 50,000 miles you purchase are eligible for the 75% and 25% bonuses.
And as usual, Dividend Miles accounts less than 12 days old are not permitted to buy miles, you need to open an account and wait — they don’t want people signing up just to cash in miles immediately for high value awards.
Last month US Airways made a targeted offer to folks who had purchased miles before to do so again and get a bonus.
Clearly Dividend Miles is playing around will all kinds of things to see who will take them up on their offers and what they can make members do in order to get the offer. In this case there’s the modest pain of downloading their search toolbar, though I don’t see any reason you can’t just uninstall it after receiving your 25% mileage purchase bonus.