One Mile at a Time points to United service cutbacks. Those changes appear to be as follows:
Effective Sept. 2:
- 2-3 hour flights, killing biscoffs and pretzels in coach and replacing with buy on board.
Effective Oct. 1:
- Increasing Buy on Board Prices
- Shelf-stable items increase from $5 to $6.
- Fresh items increase from $7 to $9.
- Other meal changes:
- Eliminate free meals in coach, Dulles Departures to Europe (except Kuwait). Will offer Buy on Board.
- Three-class planes, business class gets free Buy on Board rather than separate meals (!!)
- Eliminate Second meal service on p.s. flights — replace with beverage service.
- Other changes:
- Reduce flight attendant staffing to FAA minimums
These will be a real ouch to some, I can live with them (but won’t like it!), as long as the cuts don’t come to my beloved Mileage Plus program. Unfortunately, I’m still predicting that the cuts will come to Mileage Plus… (but I will love them forever if they do not.)