USAirways and America West haven’t quite gotten their act together combining their two frequent flyer programs. They don’t want to send out new elite membership cards under the old programs and can’t send out new cards under the combined programs (which count status from having flown both airlines) until they’re further along with integration. So they’re extending everyone’s elite status in the meantime.
If your status was set to expire or be downgraded on February 28th, you have a reprieve. If you were counting on combining last year’s flying from both carriers to boost your status, you’ll have to wait. An email like the following was sent to current elite members:
- As a valued Gold Elite member, we want to make you aware of some important information about your membership.
- Ignore the expiration date on your FlightFund Elite membership card even if it expires in February 2006.
- Continue to use your existing FlightFund Elite membership card when you travel on US Airways, America West or our partners. We have advised employees, partners and airport security to honor cards with a February 2006 expiration date.
- Update your account information. If you have accounts in both programs, make sure your contact information is identical.
- Go to americawest.com Benefits-At-A-Glance for program benefits and information.
The new Dividend Miles program will debut in late spring of 2006. At that time, we will be combining qualifying elite miles and segments earned in both US Airways Dividend Miles and America West’s FlightFund programs into a single Dividend Miles account. When the new Dividend Miles program is introduced, we will send you updated membership credentials and benefits information.
In the meantime, your FlightFund Elite status, membership card and existing benefits are valid until your new Dividend Miles membership credentials arrive. Please be sure to:
All of us at US Airways are pleased to serve you. Thank you for flying with us and for continuing to be a loyal customer.