There’s a new Priority Club Visa offer which is better than the standard 10,000 points with first purchase:
- 15,000 bonus points with first purchase
- Free $20 statement credit with first purchase
- 10,000 bonus points after spending $15,000 on the card each year
- No fee the first year ($29/year thereafter)
- Gold status in the Priority Club program (which doesn’t offer much)
It’s still not a great card to put large amounts of spending on. It only offers 1 Priority Club point per dollar spent (3 per dollar at Priority Club hotel properties, e.g. Intercontinental and Holiday Inn). I’d take almost any other card’s earning strength. But the offer is an improved one and the signup bonus is nice. And the earning isn’t bad when earning 3 points per dollar spent or if you put exactly the annual spending on the card needed for the bonus points — no more and no less.
There’s also a similar new Priority Club Business Visa which offers the same benefits as above except it’s 15,000 bonus miles each year you spend $20,000 on the card.
Yes, you should be able to get both cards (provided you have the requisite credit). And given the issuer of these cards I’d bet that you can sign up for the cards multiple times and earn the signup bonus each time.