I love DFW airport. It’s my favorite connecting airport in the country (I’ll concede that it’s pretty far from downtown Dallas, but as a physical structure it’s great as an originating airport since you’re so close to gates once you arrive there plus baggage claim is quick to get to and efficient).
- DFW has my favorite American Centurion lounge, it’s the only one with a spa (although the wine wall in San Francisco is great in its own right).
- DFW has Cousin’s Barbecue, and it has banh mi. Though some folks like Pappadeaux, most of the good restaurant options are on the D concourse.
- There’s ample seating, free wifi, and power throughout the airport. The DFW travel lounges are nice (they used to be sponsored by Samsung, and feature comfortable seating and televisions). I’ve never seen so many Starbucks in one place in my life.
- They have a Minute Suites and two XpresSpa locations. There’s a yoga studio at D40, a walking path (D6 through D40), and my dog has taken advantage of the D concourse airside pet relief area on more than one occasion.
Now, I don’t always get the things that airport authorities do. Currently DFW has a “Healthy + Happy” campaign. They’ve pushed restaurants to offer at least one healthy menu item, and say that’s in place now at over 150 spots.
One component of this, that strikes me as both strange and cool at the same time, as part of the campaign they’re giving out free fruit every Tuesday in February.
The stands will be located near:
- Gate A9
- Gate D23
- Gate E30
Hours are still being finalized, but are expected to be 10am – 10pm.
I suppose that picking Tuesdays… versus Sunday, Monday, Thursday, or Friday… is a cost saving measure or because the concourses would be too busy to take up the space with the fruit stand!
But if you’re passing through DFW on a Tuesday… free fruit!
- You can join the 40,000+ people who see these deals and analysis every day — sign up to receive posts by email (just one e-mail per day) or subscribe to the RSS feed. It’s free. You can also follow me on Twitter for the latest deals. Don’t miss out!